The City of Kapolei is globally connected through two leading edge technologies: fiber optics and satellite communications. With this dynamic pairing of technologies, Kapolei businesses can now penetrate markets where fiber optics is not yet available. In Kapolei, these two technologies merge at the Kapolei Teleport.
Where Terrestrial and Satellite Networks Meet
The Teleport sits astride a number of trans-Pacific fiber optic cables and is connected to terrestrial networks. At the same time, the Teleport houses several satellite earth stations for Verizon Hawaii and Loral Orion, the Maryland-based satellite communications company.
The Teleport's unique viewing site allows the earth stations to "see" Asian satellites that are invisible to the continental U.S., such as Agilla II, JSAT3, MEASAT, PAS8, and North American satellites that are invisible to Asia. The overlap of satellite footprints over Kapolei gives U.S. businesses quick access to large, growing markets in Asia that are not served by fiber optic cables. Currently, there are sixteen satellite dishes that carry digital voice, data, video and VSAT traffic to domestic and international destinations.
Looking Ahead: Imagine the Possibilities
A high percentage of today's satellite traffic is video. From Kapolei, companies can easily establish video links between North America and Asia. Imagine the markets for entertainment, news, education and television. With the explosive growth in the Internet, Kapolei is a perfect launching site for e-Commerce companies that want to access not only highly competitive major markets, but also yet-to-be-cultivated markets in Asia, India and other Far East countries.
Kapolei's strategic mid-Pacific location and time-zone overlap with North America and Asia will give you the competitive advantage of same-day response to your customers' needs. This can mean the difference between "good" and "superior" customer service and satisfaction.
Kapolei: A Complete Package of Technological Advantages
At Kapolei, we knew what had to come first so that 21st century businesses can compete globally. We planned and built (and continue to build) a smart city that's globally connected. By setting up the telecommunications infrastructure from the moment we broke ground, we made sure companies are able to connect to their markets quickly, easily and cost effectively.
Here's the package:
- Multiple Lot Access Points --You can design and build a fail-safe communications network thanks to multiple back-up entry and exit points.
- Diverse Routing -- Having alternative routes when traffic gets its heaviest means never having to wait to make a connection.
- Carrier Redundancy -- Built-in back-up systems mean you're always covered even when there's a breakdown on your network.
- Physically Secure Networks -- You have confidential, unbreachable communications all the time.
- Lower Prices -- Building in the infrastructure up front eliminates the need for retrofitting. You realize these savings immediately.
- High Levels of Service -- Competitive carriers can give you virtually limitless network capacity through state-of-the-art hardware and software.
- Rapid Deployment of Networks -- Because our conduit system is "installation ready," you can have your network up and running quickly.
- True Reliability -- Having multiple carriers means networks are reliable, available and backed up with service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.